The term VAO or Voluntary Action Orkney or vaorkney.org.uk or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Voluntary Action Orkney, whose registered office is 6 Bridge Street Kirkwall, KW15 1HR. VAO is a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland No 143208.
Access to and use of 'www.vaorkney.org.uk' ('the website') is provided on the following terms:
1. By using www.vaorkney.org.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.vaorkney.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the website.
2. These terms may change from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.vaorkney.org.uk will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.vaorkney.org.uk then the latter shall prevail.
Use of www.vaorkney.org.uk
3. You agree to use www.vaorkney.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the website.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) on and in www.vaorkney.org.uk and all content originated specifically for www.vaorkney.org.uk ('original content') shall remain vested in VAO and where applicable the author of the content. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.vaorkney.org.uk original content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.vaorkney.org.uk original content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.vaorkney.org.uk original content requires the prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Contributions to www.vaorkney.org.uk
5. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with www.vaorkney.org.uk you agree to grant to VAO, free of charge, permission to use the material (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons).
6. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
7. In order that VAO can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, and that you have the right to give VAO permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
8. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with VAO.
Registration as a Registered User
10. All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
11. VAO reserves the right to close user accounts at any time without explanation.
Comments and other public postings
12. You agree to use www.vaorkney.org.uk in accordance with the following rules.
Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please do not re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
No advertising or promoting.
No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
13. No warranty is given as to the availability, accuracy and completeness of the information and material published on www.vaorkney.org.uk and liability is expressly disclaimed for any damage or loss resulting from the use of, or reliance on, the information and material published on www.vaorkney.org.uk.
14. We give no warranties of any kind concerning www.vaorkney.org.uk or the material appearing on it. In particular, we do not warrant that www.vaorkney.org.uk or any of its contents are virus-free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other communication, or by anything which has destructive properties.
15. The views expressed by third parties are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of VAO. VAO is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the website. Any links to third party websites from www.vaorkney.org.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by VAO and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
16. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. Third party content is used on the basis that the copyright of the owner of the material is not infringed, and that the owner consents to its use. If this is not the case for any content, we will remove it as soon as possible upon notification.
18. VAO is committed to protecting users privacy. All user information held by www.vaorkney.org.uk will only be used in accordance with applicable legislation, and will not be shared with third parties.
19. If you believe that the information the website holds is inaccurate, please contact us.
20. The website installs ‘cookies’ on user's computers. A cookie is a small amount of data, including an anonymous unique identifier sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive to enable functions such as auto login, if your browser's preferences allow it. To protect your privacy your browser only permits www.vaorkney.org.uk to access the cookie it has already sent you.
22. Third party cookies are cookies that are not set by www.vaorkney.org.uk but are instead set by a third party. Third party cookies are set on the site by Google Analytics. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the site and volumes of usage.
23. Other third party cookies - on some pages of the website you may notice that cookies have been set that are not related to VAO. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. These anonymous cookies may be set by that third party to track the success of their application or to customise their application to you. VAO does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
24. Further information on cookies and their use can be found on the website of the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations at http://www.scvo.org.uk/uncategorized/privacy-and-cookie-policy/