- Created on 05 March 2012
We're often approached by someone who, along with other like-minded folk, want to find out how to start up a new group. After initially finding out what support there is out there.... other things to think about include
- how do we go about setting up a group?
- what legal structure should the group have?
- do you want to apply to be registered as a charity?
- what are the duties of a charity trustee?
- how do we hold a public meeting?
All this and more can be found in our handy publication Setting Up a Voluntary Organisation and, of course, experienced staff are always on hand to help you through the process. You can also find lots of useful information in the Community Toolkit.