Community Climate Asset Fund
14 October 2020
Supporting the Green Recovery in Scotland’s Communities
As Scotland emerges from COVID-19, we have a chance to build a greener, fairer and more equal society and economy.
The climate emergency has not gone away and Scottish Ministers remain absolutely committed to a just transition to net-zero emissions by 2045.
The Community Climate Asset Fund (CCAF) is a Scottish Government fund, administered by Keep Scotland Beautiful.
About the CCAF
The CCAF is being introduced to:
- Build on the invaluable role that community based organisations are playing in Scotland’s response to COVID-19
- Support community groups to play a prominent role in the Green Recovery
- Provide capital funding to community based organisations to help them tackle climate change as we accelerate our just transition to a net zero society
- Complement funding provided through the Climate Challenge Fund and other community and place based initiatives
- Help communities to reduce usage of petrol and diesel cars, cut waste, grow local food and reduce emissions from community buildings.
Further information here.